Blog > Category > Posted: 2023-Oct-18, Updated: 2023-Oct-18
2. Design & style:Homeowners can choose from a wide range of designs and styles to complement the architectural theme of their house. Traditional, modern, rustic, and contemporary designs are among the popular options.
3. Security features:Security is a primary concern for residential entrance doors. Many doors come equipped with sturdy locks, deadbolts, and other advanced security features to ensure the safety of the home and its occupants.
4. Energy efficiency:Energy-efficient entrance doors help in maintaining a comfortable indoor environment by preventing drafts and minimizing heat transfer. Low-E glass, weatherstripping, and proper insulation are common features that contribute to energy efficiency.
5. Sidelights & transoms:Some entrance doors are accompanied by sidelights (narrow windows on the sides) and transoms (windows above the door). These additions allow more natural light into the entryway and can enhance the overall visual appeal.
6. Finishes and Colors:Residential entrance doors are available in various finishes and colors. Homeowners can choose from a wide palette to match their exterior decor.
7. Customization:Many door manufacturers offer customization options, allowing homeowners to add unique features, decorative glass, and personalized details to their entrance doors.
8. Weather resistance:Residential entrance doors are designed to withstand various weather conditions, including rain, wind, and sunlight. Proper sealing and weatherproofing are essential for long-lasting performance.
9. Maintenance:The maintenance requirements vary depending on the door material. Wood doors may need periodic refinishing, while steel and fiberglass doors usually require less maintenance.
10. Accessibility:For accessibility, some residential entrance doors can be designed with wider openings to accommodate wheelchairs or individuals with mobility challenges.
11. Sound insulation:High-quality entrance doors can offer sound insulation, reducing the transmission of noise from outside to inside and vice versa, providing a quieter and more peaceful indoor environment.
12. Impact resistance:In areas prone to severe weather conditions like hurricanes or storms, impact-resistant entrance doors are available. These doors are designed to withstand strong winds and debris impact.
13. Fire resistance:Some residential entrance doors come with fire-resistant properties, offering an additional layer of safety in case of a fire emergency.
14. Smart door technology:Advancements in technology have led to the development of smart door systems. These doors can be integrated with smart locks, video cameras, and access control systems, providing homeowners with remote monitoring and control capabilities.
15. Durability:High-quality residential entrance doors are built to be durable and long-lasting, standing up to regular use and exposure to the elements.
16. Environmental impact:Some manufacturers offer eco-friendly entrance doors made from sustainable materials, which can be a consideration for environmentally conscious homeowners.
17. Double doors:For larger entryways or grander entrances, double doors (also known as French doors) are an option. These doors consist of two panels that open from the center and provide a wide entry space.
18. Airflow & ventilation:Some entrance doors feature adjustable vents or louvers, allowing controlled airflow and ventilation without fully opening the door.
19. Warranty:Reputable manufacturers often offer warranties for their residential entrance doors, providing peace of mind and protection against potential defects.
Compare entrance doors - Wood, Fibreglass, Metal
Entrance door options and locks
What your entrance door colour choice suggests
Reduce energy costs and increase comfort levels
Diagram - Anatomy of an exterior entrance door
What way should
your entrance door swing?
Choosing the right residential entrance door involves considering factors such as budget, personal preferences, climate, and the level of security required. It's essential to invest in a high-quality door from a reputable manufacturer to ensure durability and performance over time. Investing in a high-quality, well-suited entrance door can significantly enhance the overall curb appeal and functionality of a home.