That said, why on earth would you pay a professional to install your windows or doors? Three very good reasons “NO RISK”, “NO PAIN” and “GUARANTEED RESULTS”. Take a look at a few reasons why you might want to get a pro to do that window/door installation for you.
Hard times for the do-it-yourselfer
Whether you are installing a completely new window/door or replacing an existing window/door. The concept of window/door installation sounds simple enough. As long as you get it in there and it’s square, what could go wrong?
- Improper measurements and orders may require adaptive procedures that cause underperformance
- If you break, smash or scratch the window/door, there’s no undo button
- Improper insulating could defeat the desired energy efficiency
- Wrong or inferior materials could cause post-installation defects that can lead to cracked joints, cracked panes and related issues
- Improper installation could lead to exposure to the elements, insects and rodents
- How much is your time worth? It may take longer than you would expect
- Some window/door manufactures stipulate warranty will be void if not installed by a qualified professional installer
- And just when you think you are finally done, you still have to dispose of the old windows/door
Eliminating the risk
Whether it’s one window/door, or a whole house of windows/doors if your windows/doors are professionally installed. There’s no risk, the installer is responsible for everything, and you are the boss, so if something doesn’t look right and you think you could do better, it must be fixed to your satisfaction.
- If the order is wrong (sometimes it happens), the installer must remedy it
- If it’s dropped, scratched or broken during installation, the installer must replace it
- If there’s a flaw that shows up post-installation (within the warranty period), the installer must repair it
- Look for companies that provide the best warranty’s on installation, installation labour, and materials
- Even better look for life-time warranty’s on installation, installation labour, and materials
- In most cases, you are ensuring manufacture’s warranty with a professional installation
Eliminating the pain
- Imagine trying to install windows/doors on the second story of your home. Professional installers use the proper tools, wear the proper gear, take the necessary safety precautions and are trained in proper procedures for heavy lifting and working at heights
- Professional probably do hit a thumb or skin a knuckle on the rare occasion, after all, no one is perfect. Not to be facetious, but better-them-than-you, right?
Professional window/door installer results
- Experience makes a difference
- Professionals now-how to measure properly
- Professionals now-how to make the correct order
- Professionals now-potential pitfalls
- Professionals can alert you to options and solutions that will maximize your comfort and satisfaction with the final results.
Watch a typical window installation
Watch a typical door installation
Professional installers are usually contracted for the whole installation process which means they are responsible for the disposal of old unwanted windows/doors. They will also remove all the construction waste as well.
Professionally installed windows/doors carry a much better warranty than that of a do it yourself installation. In fact, some window/door warranty’s actually stipulate that the warranty could be null & void if not installed by professional installers.
If you would like to know more, give us a call or send us a request for more information. We’d be happy to address all of your questions or concerns.